This event is sold out.
We look forward to seeing those who have signed up.
LOCATION: Standard Insurance, 900 SW 5th Ave, Portland, OR 97204, Atrium Room.
Emotional intelligence can be described as harnessing the ability to identify, assess, and control the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups. Effective leaders understand their teams and customers. They are disciplined in managing their own behavior and effective in managing others. These skills rely on self-awareness, recognizing our strengths and learning edge, as well as the social awareness to attend to the relationships that ground our business.
“In a study of skills that distinguish star performers in every field from entry-level jobs to executive positions, the single most important factor was not IQ, advanced degrees, or technical experience, it was EQ.” – Daniel Goleman
Apply the science and increase your EQ by joining WCL and Lori Eberly of Radius ECD. This "Science Of Leadership" course developed by Radius ECD will deliver skills you can implement immediately: tools for motivating, influencing others, and creating change. It will teach you to:
- Explain and illustrate how we "flip our lids" when our brain is hijacked by fear
- Employ the strategy "Name It to Tame It"
- Identify the central role of the integrating middle prefrontal cortex
- Practice tools to increase emotional intelligence
Lori Eberly is a licensed clinical social worker, executive coach, and the owner of Radius ECD. Some call her a mirror, or sounding board; but she has also been called a teacher, a teller of hard truths and even a cat herder. As a social worker, her lens is a strengths-based approach to understanding how we thrive and where we stall, and her expertise is recognizing patterns of human behavior, driving performance, momentum and collaboration. Lori completed her Masters in social work in 2000 and has been licensed as a clinical social worker since 2007.
This event is the first of the four part Cultivating Executive Competencies Series.
1. Emotional Intelligence: The Neuroscience of Leadership – March 31 – 7:15 am to 10:00 am – Standard Insurance CENTER building – Atrium Room – $39/person.
2. Nonverbal Intelligence: Do You Mean What You Are Saying? – April 28 – 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Downstream’s office building on NW Johnson Street – $39/person.
3. Verbal Intelligence: Sell Ideas like a Leader – May 26 – 7:15 am to 9:00 am – Standard Insurance Building – Exact Room TBD – $29/person.
4. Analytical Intelligence: Strengthen Your Business Acumen – June 23 – 7:15 am to 9:00 am Standard Insurance Building – Exact Room TBD – $29/person.