Do You Mean What You Are Saying?
Do you know the science of nonverbal communication? Research will tell you that we can sabotage our good ideas and great skills with weak nonverbal communication. In this talk, Vanessa Van Edwards will delve into how women can use body language to communicate, influence and connect with others in the professional environment.
Body language science can help us understand how to decode emotions, uncover truth and increase the accuracy of workplace communication.
Participants will be able to use these tips both inside and outside the office. This science-based talk will be lively, entertaining and have actionable tips. Specifically, Vanessa will cover
- How to decode hidden emotions
- Power nonverbal for pitches, partnerships, and presence
- How to make a lasting first impression
Vanessa Van Edwards is a Huffington Post columnist and her groundbreaking work has been featured on NPR, Wall Street Journal, Today Show and USA Today. She has written for CNN, Fast Company and Forbes. Her science of people approach has benefited both readers and corporations as Vanessa has consulted for multiple Fortune 500 companies including American Express, Clean and Clear and Symantec. Vanessa is a behavioral investigator, published author, sought after media advisor, public speaker and body language trainer specializing in science-based people skills.
“Vanessa's presentation style is so engaging and entertaining that I believe everyone will get something extremely useful out of it. “ –Monica Enand, Founder of Zapproved
“Vanessa’s work is informative, educational and fun. I did not realize that people’s body language could tell you so much by detecting certain things to look for. Everyone could use these tools in both their jobs and daily lives.” –Nancy Swaffield, Credit Professionals International
This event is the second of the four part Cultivating Executive Competencies Series.
1. Emotional Intelligence: The Neuroscience of Leadership – March 31 – 7:15 am to 10:00 am – Standard Insurance CENTER building – Atrium Room – $39/person.
2. Nonverbal Intelligence: Do You Mean What You Are Saying? – April 28 – 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Downstream’s office building on NW Johnson Street – $39/person.
3. Verbal Intelligence: Sell Ideas like a Leader – May 26 – 7:15 am to 9:00 am – Standard Insurance Building – Exact Room TBD – $29/person.
4. Analytical Intelligence: Strengthen Your Business Acumen – June 23 – 7:15 am to 9:00 am Standard Insurance Building – Exact Room TBD – $29/person.